Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Neat Sheets

One thing I am good at…folding sheets.  My mom taught me when I was young and I’ve never had a problem since, I’ve just gotten neater with them over the years.  Thought I’d share my secret to an organized linen closet:

Step #1- folding the fitted sheet:

You start by putting your hand into 2 of the “pockets” all the way to the corners.  Then bring your hands together and fold the corners over each other (long ways).  Until you have this:

IMG_8104

Put your hands back in those pockets and fold one over the other until you have this:

IMG_8105

Bring the fold over the straight edge, and then you have this:

IMG_8106

Fold into 3rds. Set aside.

Step #2 – fold pillow cases and place on top like so:

IMG_8109

Step #3 – folding the flat sheet:

You have to stand up for this so that the sheet can hang to straighten itself out.  You will be folding long ways.  Match up two ends. Shake straight.  Match the ends again. Shake straight. Match the ends a 3rd time, and shake straight. Fold long, folded sheet in 1/2. Then set the already folded fitted sheet and pillow case on top like so:

IMG_8110

Step #4 – putting it all together:

You are almost done! Wrap the bottom sheet tightly around the others.  Here it is all finished:

IMG_8111

And here is what several sets look like all neat and folded in the linen closet: 

IMG_8112

No more looking for matching pieces.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. pretty much like how I do, only I put all the folded niceness IN the pillow case when I'm done!!! :) My mom taught me too!!!

    ReplyDelete