Thursday, March 7, 2013

Incognito!

Thursdays are always our “family day”, but this week we decided to have a date day with each of our kids.  I took Jaxon and Kory took Zoe.  We each took the kids to different places to eat lunch.  Then Jaxon and I decided to go see a movie.  I texted Kory and asked him what they had decided to do and he said they had decided to go see the SAME movie and the SAME theatre.  Instead of deciding to do something different, Zoe had the idea to go back home and dress up in disguises so that wouldn’t be recognized!  So that’s what they did! Zoe dressed as a boy - even put her hair up under a hat. Kory played right along with her, dressing in his own disguise.  I knew they were coming to the theatre but Jaxon had no idea.  There were only a handful of other people watching the movie so I was able to see when Kory and Zoe walked in. Jaxon never recognized them, but I was smiling inside with delight.  It was awesome – especially that Kory played right along with her. I couldn’t ask for a better dad to my kids!  Although I didn’t get a picture of them in disguise, I did get these pictures from our day together :)
2013-03-07 11.04.46
2013-03-07 11.26.44

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! You both inspire me as parents. Thank you for this post. It really did make me smile...just such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah ha!! That is a brilliant girl you have there... and a terrific daddy for encouraging the creativness! LOVE it

    ReplyDelete