Wednesday, June 19, 2013

“Emotions Don’t Have Brains.”

Patsy Clairmont said that at a Women’s Conference and I really liked it!

Sometimes it's easy to let our emotions rule us, letting our will for our lives exceed God's.  As I woman, I especially struggle with my emotions at times.

Some verses came to mind today when I was thinking about how we can overcome our”self”.  I’m a HUGE fan of scripture.  I have found that no matter what I’m going through or struggling with, I can turn to the Word for answers and direction.

In cases where others actions are causing us to have negative feelings, Eph 4 says: Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each others faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.

In cases where we just want our way, and selfishness creeps in, Galatians 5:16-27 says:  So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions.

I guess this all goes back to my previous post, about being selfless.  I guess that’s a huge theme of the Bible after all, right?  Jesus called us to deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Him!  He tells us to have self control, grace for others, forgiving hearts….

We have to be careful not to spread our negative emotions to others…

IMG_8326

We have been called to live in FREEDOM, even freedom from ourselves! We just have to live in that freedom!

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment