Sunday, April 14, 2013

My Week as a Substitute Mommy!

My good friend and her husband went to Mexico for a little time away, and I had the honor (I really was honored that she entrusted me) of keeping her 2 little girls!  They were at our house from Sunday night until Friday afternoon, with the exception of one night when they spent the night at another friend’s house while we were doing our weekly youth group thing.  Just like my kids, they are homeschooled too, so all 4 kids got to do school together each day.  It went much better than I had anticipated!  I paired them up with the 2 youngest together and the 2 oldest together.  2013-04-09 12.51.20 The oldest (2nd graders!)

I didn’t get a picture of the little ones together….probably because they were so easily distracted I didn’t want to make it worse by making them pose for pictures.  :)

Every Thursday is our “family day”.  It’s our day off work and school when we just spend time together having fun as a family.  This week was no exception, we just had a larger family this week!

2013-04-11 12.13.44 Culvers for lunch!

2013-04-11 12.43.42 Waiting for their ice cream!

2013-04-11 12.46.49 Yummy!!

Then we took them to a place to play called “Playtime Party Center”.  They had a blast playing in the bounce house room and winning tickets playing arcade games!

2013-04-11 15.05.31 Even Kory played the games and had fun just like the kids.

2013-04-11 13.45.15

When we left the game place, we went home and BBQ’d and enjoyed the rest of our evening together.

I actually had a really great week with everyone.  The kids got along great, we got everything done we needed to in school, and I realized having 4 kids is really no harder than 2, except that 4 costs more money :)  I am so blessed to have a friend who completely trusts me with her children and I trust her the same.  Those kind of friends are hard to find! 

2 comments:

  1. awe i have tears! I just love you and your family! All I have to say is ... what is Xandrie wearing!! flooded boot cut pants?! Ah I love my children and yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I know...I even asked her "Xandrie, are you sure those pants fit you? You can choose a different pair if you'd like." And she said "yeah! This is how they are supposed to be!" :)

    ReplyDelete